Saturday, July 16, 2005

How Does Your Dog Rate For Intelligence?

In my explorations, i found a site that lists dogs according to intelligence. i have a little bit of a problem with the rankings, however ~ dogs who are more independant, such as Chow Chows, are ranked very low, but i have found them to be perfect farm/ranch dogs, specifically because they aren't as 'needy' as some of the other breeds. Other dogs, mostly in the AKC's Working Classification, such as the Great White Pyrenees, i have found to be a complete disaster, even with PLENTY of room to roam and other animals to herd (cows, in my case).

Here's a link to the site so that you can see where your dog stands, and if you have any dispute with the findings, please leave me a comment!

www.petrix.com/dogint/intelligence.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh my breed came in 9th overall. I knew she was a smart little pup...Even though she's not very small anymore. Great resource, thanks!